- Of Puppets and Masters: Creative Dissent and Political Rhetoric in the Syrian UprisingDr. Marwan Kraidy, Professor of Communication at the Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, will be our guest on February 25, 2013. He will give a lecture entitled “Of Puppets and Masters: Creative Dissent and Political Rhetoric in the Syrian Uprising” in INTS 205 (4:1
- New International Studies department promotes global experience
- Former liberal arts student selected for prestigious exchange program Jessica Barber from the College of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University has been awarded a highly competitive spot in the 2012-2013 Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals.
- Liberal arts student uses study abroad to impact the lives of others For Brandon Pichanick, studying abroad is more than just an opportunity to enrich oneself – it’s a way to impact the lives of others.
- Student’s career goals reinforced after one year abroadSusan Stallings calls her year abroad the best year of her life. The Texas A&M political science and German double major spent her junior year in Munich at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, returning with new skills and confidence about her career goals.
This new department is the consolidation of many successful programs that have merged to produce a single department. This offers our students interdisciplinary curricula that capture the broad range of social, political, cultural, and economic forces at play in an increasingly interdependent world.
The degrees and programs contained in International Studies combine clearly defined intellectual area options with in-depth linguistic and cultural expertise, coupled with high-impact international experiences through study abroad. The Department is organized into three separate but interrelated units in which students benefit from a diverse, accomplished faculty.
Our students gain a combination of language proficiency, analytical skills, substantive knowledge, and cultural sensitivity that prepares them for work in government, academia, international business, and many other highly recruited areas across the globe.